Monday 2 January 2012

Christmas, Reflections and Resolutions..

First up, Happy New year everyone! I don't really know if anyone reads my blogs, so I may just be inflicting best wishes upon myself...but there you go!

Christmas was lovely, had a really nice Christmas Eve and Day with various family members, however in the early hours of boxing day morning it all went horribly wrong, when I woke up in the night with a gurgling stomach, a feeling of dread and a strong urge to be sick...which I was, three times as a matter of fact. So what gave me this bug..was it bad turkey...no...was it alcohol...no....was it the result of a bug passed on from an adorable 2 year old cousin; the most scrummy, sniggly, smallest person in the world who I'd had attached to my hip the majority of Christmas eve. Yes it was. My gorgeous Tilly-Rose (or TillyBoo...) had passed her bug on to me..She passed it on to my auntie who was ill christmas day, when I text my Auntie boxing day morning to say I would not be seeing them that day as I also had the bug..she replied that my nan and other lovely little cousin had been up in the night with the same symptoms as me (puke..basically..) - when I rang my dad he told me that he too had the dreaded bug. Major bad times - this basically meant that for the Halford family, boxing day was a complete puking-fest wipeout; I spent the day lying on the sofa watching films, sleeping and swearing at the fact I could not go out and eat chocolate and spend money in the sales, however by next morning I was fine, along with the rest of the Halfords and Boxing day was celebrated a couple of days later...Lovely :)

Reflections:
Several reasons why 2011 was lovelyyyy :)

Doris:  My Beautiful Yorkie-Poo puppy, She was barely bigger than the Guinea-Pig when we got her, literally - despite the disagreements over her name, I did have to eventually agree that Doris did suit her..and now she couldn't be anything else! I love everything about her, the way she chases her tail, the way she tears around the house as fast as her little legs can carry her, the way she goes 'Awoooooooo' when we sing to her, The way she sniggles under my neck in bed and the way she gives me little kisses and cuddles when I am ill or upset :')

Bench Theatre:  Missed my train so got a later train, bumped into Egg on the train who convinced me to come and audition for Bench Theatres 'Daisy Pulls it Off' - after some persuasion I agreed and went a long that night feeling sick and ready to run away. However as soon as I read the script and auditioned, I instantly fell in love with one of the characters Trixie - I loved her scattiness and over-enthusiasm and had great fun auditioning for her including the 'spiffingly posh british accent' that was required and I was delighted to get the part of her :) Those few weeks rehearsing for the show were the most fun I have ever had with a show; It was amazing to work with a cast that was hugely female based and in a slightly more adult cast to what I have previously performed with - Nearly every rehearsal included being hysterical with laughter and the fact that those weeks were spent running around acting like over-excited 1920s school girls having midnight feasts, Hot water bottle fights and singing made it amazing fun! The performances went so well and I am so happy to have met all the lovely people I have there and created a whole new social circle!

University: Despite the fact people were cynical about the fact I was staying home to attend University I am still extremely happy with the choice I made. Mainly because the course and the people on it are so amazing! I love the social side of it and the bond that the group have already formed through performing together. I love the fact that we can go and do whatever we want, we can express ourselves however we want through acting...and no idea is too obscure - I'm so happy there and it has made me even more determined to work in acting professionally :)

I feel like I have learnt a lot about myself this year; I've got a lot more confidence, I've learnt that instead of being scared, throwing myself in the deep end can often have good positive results, I have learnt more about where I want to go in life and although it seems scary I seem a lot more prepared and almost more 'mature' to be able to deal with what the future holds. I've learnt that life isn't always easy and every now and then something comes along and throws you off track, but that you have to stay positive and look ahead to a positive conclusion and then work out what it is you need to do to reach that conclusion, I've learnt that you just have to be yourself, the people who accept you for it are the people that matter and the people who obviously most deserve to be in your life,  And finally I've learnt that the issue of following Head or Heart has no real answer, you need both, your brain makes you see things practically and your heart tells you how you truly feel. You just have to use elements of both to make your decision - dammit for not being that easy ;)

Resolutions:
As I said to me Mumma yesterday, "I'm not going to say..as of tomorrow I am going to eat healthily...no crisps, chocolate, fatty foods etc etc...because I know I'm not" Every year I come up with these kinds of resolutions, this year I haven't - merely for the purpose that they do not work, maybe for people with willpower, they would work, but for me personally..give me cake any day!
The only resolutions I have this year are to Do more performing stuff, chase more opportunities, live life to the best and most fun I can and appreciate every moment <3

(...oh and maybe try and tone up a bit, intensely moisturize everyday, pass my driving test, become super-organised and keep my room tidy................)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment