Tuesday 10 January 2012

Books and the need to write at night...

For some reason the ability of sleep has left me.
The last few nights the hours have just ticked by, 23.00....00:00....01:00....with no sign of sleep.
Its times like this that my brain goes into overdrive...cue the reason the majority of my blogs are written at such a crazy hour!
Writing Blogs has become rather theraputic for me, I use to love English and writing, but then I hit the GCSE/A-Level English stage...when it became about Grammar, Poems, Annotating, Nouns and Verbs and blah-blah-blah, it stopped being a way of self-expression and a chance to let your imagination run wild, the element of it which I most enjoyed and am starting to get back through writing blogs.
I've even started thinking recently (well okay tonight...) that I'd like to write a story, I don't know what about, or who for, but after getting a kindle for christmas I've become a bit of a reading nerd - I really want to get back in to reading/writing again, when I was a kid I would constantly have my nose in a book..Jacqueline Wilson especially (who's books I'm still prone to reading even now...in secret of course!) but then the world of 'Msn' and 'Bebo' and 'Going out with friends' came along and I kind of lost interesting in reading for a while. Now there's only so many depressed/repetitive/boring facebook statuses I can read before the concept of a good book becomes a lot more exciting.
However Facebook has become handy as a way of sharing my Blog with people; the majority of the time I try and type about things that I hope will entertain people...and I do feel happy when people tell me they have read and enjoyed my ramblings (even though a fellow work colleauge at work the other day [YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE] told me that they only read my Blog to find things to give me 'stick' about...) it makes me feel like my efforts haven't gone to waste. However there are certain times when I feel the need to write just for the hell of it...not to entertain or amuse anyone...just to type and get my thoughts out, purely for my own purpose. I dont tend to link those blogs on to my Facebook...they are resigned to the dark-depths of my blog, to be stumbled upon by randomers who are just passing by to read (hopefully) much more entertaining news....even if it does involve getting joy out of my misfortunes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment