Sunday 27 May 2012

SunnyShine, SunnyBurn, SunnyBadSkinOutfits...

Four weeks ago I was working at Superdrug....on the fragrance counter (which is where I spend most of my time at Superdrug..which is not a bad thing...it means I leave work smelling of a thousand..or maybe five or six...lovely different smells, from whatever testers I've been spraying on customers...and myself...as opposed to when I leave Lloyds after working on floor after a curry club night.......) rather chilly and huddled under a fleece I'd managed to find under the counter....
Today..I was there...on fragrance counter....boiling hot.....as the day went on my sunburn felt more painful, my fringe felt more sticky and my ponytail slowly deflated as the day went by..

I do really enjoy the weather when it is warm...however I do have the habit of becoming a bit of a whinger...hunting for whatever shade I can find...The issue being unlike most of my family, I have not been blesssed with tan-friendly skin...Some people would refer to my skin tone as typical 'English Rose' skin...in other words...white and pink. Pink cheeks - the reason I spend so much time in the morning smothering myself in concealer, foundation and powder....Having this pale skin means I don't tan...I get very pink and sweaty (yummm) very quickly...and then whinge about the sun being too bright/too hot and wish that it would rain (much to the protest of others) - it also means I am prone to burning...

Due to past experience I don't normally even try and tan...I just smother myself in Suncream of a very high factor and assume that I wont tan and must accept the fact I will always have glow in the dark white legs. However on Friday I went to Thorpe Park with Lucy, Polly and Fi, it was a lovely day, but very hot...very very hot...however as a result of the excitement of the day I did not think to reapply sun cream every two minutes like I probably should...as a result....I have some VERY red patches...the issue here being what I was wearing..Sun burn often means you are left with dodgey pale 'Skin outfits' on bright red skin...I was wearing a dress with T-Shirt style sleeves on it...and leggings rolled up to just under my knees...I now have a very interesting tan/redness on the bottom half of my legs..while the tops are still as ghostly as always...I may have to go out in a skirt and knee high socks so that the top of my legs can catch up...doh. I didn't realise how burnt I was until I looked in the mirror at the back of my neck and realised it had a white stripe going down the middle of it, where curly whispy bits of hair hadn't quite made it into my ponytail..not the best of looks....
The good thing is though....Dodgy 'Skin outfits' seem to be avery popular walking through town at the moment....So at least I'm keeping up with the trends...Even if it does mean I wont be able to submerge my shoulders in a nice relaxing warm bath for at least a month...still in this weather...a nice cold shower seems much more appealing!!

Enjoy the sunshine and be safe younglings ;)
Loves
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment