Thursday 2 May 2013

Uni, and freaky sleeping and stuff and HELLO I'M BACK.

Oh Haiiiii,
I haven't written a blog in ages, I'm a terrible person.
I've just been so crazy busy, Usually when I'm busy I write a blog as a chance to procrastinate.
I haven't even had time to procrastinate.

One particular module has been OVER-RULING my life.
T.I
Who knew that two letters could cause so much hassle.
Theatre and Intervention.
Creating a piece of Theatre for young people.
I've done loads of stuff with youth theatre and directing and all that jazz.
It was not the piece of cake I imagined it would be.
When I first started the course I had visions of 'Young people' being six year olds, where we could make an exciting, bright, fun interactive piece of theatre based on Princess and Pirates and Fairies and all exciting six year old things.
Far from it, it was creating an education piece of theatre for a class of Thirty Five 15 year olds.
Oooft.
The module was cursed from the beginning, It all started with me being too ill to attend the pre-performance-creating-workshop to find out what the kids were interested in. 
For some reason my group really struggled, which got me down a bit, it's not nice to struggle at something you believe yourself to be decent at, we all put so much work in, we just never seemed to get it quite right with our scripts, like I say if it had been how I originally thought I would have been in my absolute element! The main struggle was that everything had to have a question.
What do you want the kids to get from the piece?
What message are you giving the kids?
How about the message of enjoying the show for the sake of it being a piece of theatre - apparently not.
Anyway yesterday we were up at 6.30 - I don't do early mornings, they make me feel sick, I lugged my big double duvet (part of our set) up the long road to Uni, we got in the car, nervous but finally happy to just be getting it done. Arrived in Midhurst half hour later...to discover that the teacher had forgotten we were coming and had an OFSTED visit so we couldn't do it.
*Sigh* - We'd put SO SO SO many hours into our script writing and had SO SO SO much go wrong that it didn't even suprise us, we just had to laugh, it was either that or lay face down on the floor and cry.
Unfortuantely, we had to perform it in the main show room at uni.
In front of a class of first years.
Who looked less than impressed...bearing in mind they were 5 years older than our intended audience and probably didn't need telling what to do on bullying.
Stress. Stress. Stress. Stress.
Still it's over now.

I can't believe it's only two weeks now until the end of second year,
Then third year - which I am SO excited for, you get to do things a lot more your own way in Third year, just what I like muhahaha.
Me, Maddie and Hannah move into our new house soon, I am tres excited for this (though of course it will of course be sad to lose Olivia as she moves back home) - Our new house is shiney and clean and happy with a bigger bedroom for Moi which of course makes me happy considering I am currently in a teeny room. Although I have made it homely, it's just too small, There is no room to swing a hamster, let alone a cat. Okay a bit of an exageration..but not much. My new room will have a double bed (win) a proper desk....not just a cheeky computer desk that they have tried to pass off as a desk (double win) and lots more space (triple win) - Hooooorayyyyy! No more having to get ready in the bathroom when I have the girls over getting ready for a night out!

Speaking of nights, I watched a programme on Freaky Sleepers last night,
I am a 'Freaky Sleeper' myself...having over the years disturbed many a family member/ friend / (and more recently) housemates with my Shouting and Screaming and Panicking...
I had one monday for the first time in a month or so...normally they wake me up, but this one didn't...normally I'm not aware of them happening until I have woken up, sometimes I wake up like what the hell mannnnn, other times I wake up and my heart is pounding and I'll be thrashing about...and sometimes I just sleep straight through them and have no idea until I am informed of them the next day by whichever housemate was disturbed (all three of them monday night!) - the last kind is my favourite, muhahahaha.
However the people on this programme, jeeeeez. There were people like me on there, but then there was a guy who jumped out his bedroom window, another one that kept trying to have sex with his girlfriend as he slept...and another guy who murdered his wife in his sleep but got let off because he was not concious and therefore not in control of his actions when it happened. So like they say, could be worse.

In my blog a while back I wrote about how my housemate had been telling me I should try for the University version of Take me out to Shieks...
I didn't.
But I did go and watch.
I was very glad I didn't.
It was very entertaining, But just to be in the audience was more than enough for me...
There were some interesting characters on there, but no one I would have gone for...
In true Take me out form, it was proper, proper cheese,
Complete with stereotypically innuendo-filled questions from the guys to help them chose between their final two ladies...

"What's the most skilled things you can do with your hands?..."
"If you were an animal in the bedroom, what animal would you be?..."

Obviously being in front of a packed SU full of students and with no televisions rules and regulations to follow to avoid thousands of complaints to OFSTED it was slightly more X-Rated...

And with a response to the final question of (GRANDPARENTS IF YOU ARE READING THIS I AM SORRY YOU CAN SKIP THIS BIT IF YOU WANT TO) "I would be a Llama because I spit, don't swallow" the elegantly dressed female and her very happy looking man walked off  hand in hand into the sunset together...well...off into the direction of the SU Bar...
And who says romance is dead?

Loves
xx
I PROMISE I WILL START BLOGGING AGAIN NOWWWWWWW.
Please. Forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment