Monday 11 March 2013

* Insert imaginative, witty and clever title to do with Dogs, Loony Holidays, Snow and Taxi Drivers*

A couple of days ago I uploaded a video to Facebook of my doodle pup, in said video, she was chasing a red laser light like a loon around the lounge, whilst I commented on her stupidity - I have often wondered how she hasn't sussed after all this time that she will NEVER catch it. Alas, she has not, just as she has not learnt yet that her tail is attached to her and frequently tries to catch it, sometimes she confuses herself by catching it and then isn't entirely sure what to make of it, so just stands there holding it looking mildly bemused.
So anyway after commenting on stupid dog, I went home yesterday for Mother's Day, my mum is a foster carer and currently has a little girl staying with her just for a few days, anyway I was sitting in the lounge with her watching her tease Doris with the laser light whilst we both laughed at her silliness...
"You do it!!!!"
"Do what?"
"Pretend to be Doris!...I'll wave the light and you chase it..."
"Okay...."

Which is how I found myself on a Sunday evening, running around the lounge trying to catch a red dot, doing exactly what I mock MY DOG for doing, whilst a seven year old looked on in amusement...she even got me running around in circles god dammit. Not going to lie it is times like that I wonder what exactly I'm doing with my life.....

Meanwhile in other less silly departments of my life (they are rare but do exist!) It's  all change again - I was going to do camp America this year, I was SO determined to...and yet again I have had to put it on hold, which not going to lie I am rather disappointed by. It's the exact same reason as last year - we've not found a house yet and I couldn't agree to USA and then have us in a house that starts in June, because then I would have to pay two months worth of rent whilst not living there and I just can't afford to do that this year!! However I finish uni for good next year (holy cow!) so will hopefully be able to go out there for ages as I will have nothing to rush back for....until I have to come home and find a job that makes my degree useful and worthwhile! But yes I had kind of built myself up to the idea of ten weeks away, so with that suddenly changing I felt the need to get stuff-to-look-forward-to-planning, so I'm going to get my driving lessons restarted and my test passed (my theory expires in September so I have no excuses now!) - and I am going to a festival in Newquay with Katie and Kayleigh, which I am very excited for, however slightly anxious when thinking of toilet-ing...which is silly I know...Kayleigh's response was She-wee....(well that sorts it then!)

Not to mention the annual holiday with the loon family aka my Dad, Step Mum Liz and Step Brothers Cameron and Jordan. Our holidays are very chaotic which makes them strangely enjoyable. They always start with a 5 AM start as the roads are quieter (oooooft) and are helped along by a 7 AM break for breakfast at Little Chef (highlight of the journey) ...thing is with our holidays is they are always remembered by "incidents...." when remembering them....

"Ohhh that was the one where Cameron hit Jordan in the back of the car and gave him a nosebleed...."

"Ohhhh that was the one we went rollerblading and Liz fell and sprained her wrist...."

"Ohhhh that was the one where Jordan ate pink laces and strawberry yoghurt before we left for the journey home and puked all over the back of the car...."

"Ohhhh that was the one where we were playing with a ball outside and it got kicked at dads car and snapped his number plate off...."

"Ohhhh that was the one where Cameron threw my trainer in the sea....."

"Ohhhh that's the one where Taz got banned from the spinning cage ride where you stick to the wall and it goes upside down cos she put her feet up instead of standing in the proper position...."

"Ohhhh that was the one where we stopped at Little Chef for breakfast and there was a bee buzzing round us and we were shrieking and jumping all over the place and Dad got cross with us for making a scene..."

..... I really need to write a book about this shiz.

Loves
xx
 ACTUALLY HANG ON....what the hell is with the snow outside, how silly, it's March.
I don't even like snow, the novelty wore off about three years ago.
Now its just annoying and cold and causes and inconvenience.
Speaking of inconvenience, Having stayed at home - home last night I had to get the train back to Chi early this morning so I could go home and get my stuff before my 10 AM lecture.
Not gonna lie, I was Grouchy, Cold, Tired, Sulking because I didn't have sensible warm clothes with me and my phone deleted all my contacts and then died so I couldn't even listen to music on the train, as well as in a huff at the prospect of a double lecture ahead of me (which was suprisingly okay...)
Anyway I got to Chi at about 20 to 9 and decided that I would get a taxi home, because it was snowing, I was cold and tired and for all previous reasons.
Plus its about a 25 minute walk and I wanted home ASAP.
SO I waited about 5 minutes and a taxi pulled up so I went over and got in the back...
"Adelaide Road please..."
"Adelaide Road?" (said in the voice of a huffy 15 year old and not a 40 year old Taxi Driver)
"Yes..."
*Silence...*
"....Is that okay?"
"Well it's not very far is it...."
"Well actually I have Uni at 9 (LIE) and it takes me about half hour to walk (LIE) so I need to get back quickly..."

(NOT FAR FOR YOU IN YOUR STUPID OLD-FASHIONED PRICKY TAXI, BUT ABOUT A TWENTY FIVE MINUTE WALK FOR ME, WHEN I'M COLD AND OVER-TIRED AND READY TO PUNCH SOMEONE IN THE FACE. I AM PAYING YOU FOR THIS SERVICE, NO TAXI DRIVER HAS COMPLAINED BEFORE, THEY ARE USUALLY VERY NICE AND CHATTY. SO YOU CAN DO ONE AND JUST DRIVE ME HOME MATE.) - Is what my brain said in Tasmin Land.

I didn't say that.
I just sat in the back and ignored him...
which didn't entirely work - because he wasn't talking to me either.
Hmmmph.

1 comment:

  1. How about the holiday when we painted your dad's nails whilst he slept :o) He was not happy! Oh, and the milk bottle rolling down the hill in Hastings.....And what about Cameron's amazing 'falling over the rope' trick.
    The fun we will have this year :o/!!

    ReplyDelete