Sunday 30 June 2013

"Night Night, Sleep tight, Don't let the bed bugs bite!"

In 2012 I wrote 52 Blogs...
So far in 2013, I've written 7.
Shocking.
And to make matters worse the majority of the blogs I have written this year have started with me saying about how I don't blog enough and that I must write more...
Kind of like this one I guess.

To be fair, there's been a lot holding me back.
Firstly my laptop got stolen, I left it in the showroom at Uni over night, which was stupid but obviously not done on purpose, when I went back there the next day it had gone. Never to be found again.
Luckily it was password protected, I'm hoping that if someone had the ability to hack into it, it would be in a way that would have to delete all the files on there, I don't care about the silly pictures on there, any glimpse on my facebook will show that.

It was more about stuff I'd written on there...stuff that I had vented, but didn't want to write as a blog - just rambling and moaning and stuff when I was feeling confused and overwhelmed and emotional (so basically the days I had PMS and needed to get it all out but couldn't put it into words and risk of looking like an emotional, unreasonable mess...muhahaha), and talking about what I wanted to do in the future and what I was scared of and loads of absolute shiz...but shiz I didn't want anyone else to read...so yes I am hoping there is no way they could hack it AND get to the files on there...and if there is (LA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAAAAAAAA NOT LISTENING!!!!)

Other reason...
No internet. 
Cos we moved house...
And it never got working...
And then we moved out again....

Yes. Baaaaasically we left our Adelaide house and moved into our new house...however once we moved in we began hearing rumours that it had a very bad reputation...I won't name it, but those who know...well...you know. So instantly we were slightly unsettled there...however we tried to ignore it because the house was decent (albeit a few issues...Like the locks didn't work properly...and we couldn't work the oven...and the microwave was broken...and that we were trying to convince ourselves it was all okay and ABSOLUTELY FINE) - I even overlooked the fact my bedroom overlooked a graveyard ['Overlooked' I never use that word...and there it is TWICE in one sentence!]  ("Oh well it's quite a pretty graveyard...and really it's just the memories of people there.....)
We lived there for three weeks and were starting to get weary of the things going wrong and not being fixed...
And then well I will put it in short terms because it all gets a bit complicated and shouty...
Maddie was home alone and felt scared so went home...
I was home alone and felt scared so slept on the sofa...
Maddie went to the doctors because she had bites come up...
Maddie found out they were bed bug bites...
I had bites come up...
I found out they were bed bug bites...

Then it all got confusing and the council came round and debugged the house...and told us that Maddies bed was infested with eggs...
Which is probably where I got my bites from, after I had to sleep in her bed as I got drunk one night and dived onto mine and went straight through the middle of it (But that's another story....)
And then we complained to the Uni....and then found out our house wasn't accredited with  them and they didn't even know that we were living there yet...
And then it all hit us at once...
The bad reputation of the area, the graveyard, the fact we hadn't had a microwave for three weeks, or an oven...the fact that some electrics were still dangling off the wall...even the fact that in next doors garden there was a ladder up, that was slanting diagonally and every now and then came a little bit further in our direction as if it was going to come crashing through my bedroom window any minute...and we decided enough was enough.
In a heated conversation with Maddie the landlord gave us opportunity to leave the contract (the contract that we had since discovered was null and void being we had signed it under false pretences...so really it wasn't that much of a great offer on her behalf...) but an offer that we took.
The time we had to hand the keys over was slightly tense...

Made worse by them doing a walk around of the house and me opening my wardrobe door and it literally coming off in my hand. Said it all really.
It was even suggested that we had bought the bed-bugs in ourselves....

"So...If your house had bed bugs in it, your whole family would leave the house like you are would they?!"

"We wouldn't have bed bugs because we wouldn't buy second hand mattresses!!"

"So I have to buy a new bed everytime there is bed bugs?!"

"No...But when you start a new contract and the house has been done, you buy new mattresses...that way if there are bed bugs you know exactly where they have come from at what point and can target them. But as all the furniture is obviously old and second hand, the bugs could be in all the furniture around here, we can't target it exactly."  - That was Maddie winning the day. 

So yes three weeks after we moved in, we packed up and left!
We are all living in different places for the summer, I have moved to my Nans for this last week and will move home next week (Though my Mum and Rob are currently foster caring for two brothers..5 and 6 years old...which should be interesting!)

Me, Maddie and Hannah are sticking together though and through the help of the Uni are finding a house that starts in September so we can save us some Dollaaaaaa over summer.
And our new house will be clean, shiny, accredited, fully completed, smell nice, be in a road that doesn't have an AWFUL reputation ("Thats where all them drug dealers are, that is!" "....Oooh that's got a really bad reputation..." "You're living there?!" and will most definitely, certainly, absolutely NOT be overlooking a graveyard. So there.)
I might have said it looked pretty and peaceful, but it scared me - Plus my night terrors kicked in again whilst we were there....not what the girlies need to be hearing in the night in a house that they already feel suitably spooked in...
On the plus side, I haven't had one since we left that house, Must be the much needed TLC from Nanny helping...N'awww.

I will blog now more I promiseeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Loves
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment