Tuesday 5 February 2013

Life as a Single Singleton. Take me out...to Sheiks (or not..)

"Taz...there's a girl in my class who is going to be running a thing like 'Take me out....'
*Silence as I pour my soup into a bowl...*
"It's going to be called 'Take me out to Shieks...'.."
*Silence as I eat a few spoonfuls of it (I like cold soup, I know - weird)*
"Like take me out but you go on a date to Shieks..."
*Silence as I put it in the microwave...*
"They need Ten boys and Ten girls..."
"Right...where is it held?"
"Down the SU...."
"Is there loads of people there?"
"Only people who come and support you..."
"Right...when's this...?"
"Not til April, do you want an application form?....."

Conversation with the housemate approx. 16.30 this afternoon.

And so this is apparently what my current lack of love life has come to.
*Sigh*
I will have to hope that I fall lucky by April.
I cringe at the thought of it.
Especially those final questions...

"If you were a Disney Character who would you be?"
"Umm...Dory from finding Nemo...Because I'm unintentionally forgetful and easily confused..."

"If you were a Harry Potter Character who would you be?"
"Ummm...Neville Longbottom...Because I'm unintentionally forgetful and easily confused..."

"If you were an animal, what would you be?"
"Umm... A Goldfish...Because I'm unintentionally forgetful and easily confused..."

You see where I am going with this.

Hmmmm.

I'm not sure if I care enough about being single to go on a fake version of a TV show that I sit mocking whenever it's on the telly..."Honestly how would you resort to something like this?!"
Though saying that having someone would be lovely.
Even to be saved from the conversation with my grandparents that is coming oh so predictable.

"So Tazzie...have you not got yourself a boyfriend yet?"
"No...Not yet..."
"Are you not really interested in boys then?"
"No, No! I am! - I just haven't met anyone special yet..."
"You will love...you will"

Thing is, it's so complicated nowadays, you can't always (or always want to....) explain it...
It's not just a case of 'either being in a relationship where you are completely involved with a guy...or not being in a relationship and therefore having nothing to do with any guys at all'.

There's a getting with someone on a night out for no reason other than you are drunk and getting on well and it's all funny and silly and harmless...(or in my mums term: snogging. Which I must say is the worst word ever. urgh) - Been there done that.

There's the liking someone but them not liking you in that way... - Been there done that.

There's the someone liking you but you not being keen on them.. - Been there done that.

There's the times you think you might like someone and then it fizzles out...- Been there done that.

...or it doesn't fizzle out, then you end up so confused and annoyed by it all, it does fizzle out because it's not worth the hassle... - Been there done that.

There's the times you come close to getting close with someone and then freak yourself out at the thought of it becoming anything more than what it is and so you abandon ship... - Been there done that.

See.
Confusing Shiz.
How can I possibly put that into words?
My best bet is a simple "No not yet..."
And hopefully one day it will be a "As a matter of fact yes..." (Dear god please make it soon for my own sanity...)

Not that I ever would say "As a matter of fact...."

When it happens, it happens.
If it means I have to spend Valentines day down the pub with my equally single housemate for now...so be it ;)

It'll happen when it happens...

Loves
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment