Sunday 10 February 2013

Crying and Laughing.

Last night, I got in from work...or make that the early hours of this morning,
Because I have a rare Sunday off today...woohoo, I decided to cook some potato wedges and catch-up on Eastenders...Potato Wedges at 01.45 in the morning, terrible.
It was a fairly emosh episode, poor old Zainab having to admit that her marriage was over, before driving off late at night in the back of a black cab, with the old twinkly theme tune playing as it zoomed in on Masood standing on the pavement waving her and their son off with tears in his eyes, before showing her breaking down in the back seat - in true Eastenders style.
And I cried.
I bloody cried.
When I was a kid, I always use to mock my mum for crying at stuff on the telly, I didn't understand how you could possibly cry at something that wasn't real.
Then in Year ten I went to see Blood Brothers with my drama class, it was so amazing - I cried the whole way through the second act and by the time the big finale song was being sung by the distraught mother, as her two sons lay dead on the floor I was absolutely sobbing.
That must have triggered something...
I've suddenly become one of THOSE people - who cry at the smallest things when watching things either on the telly, or in the cinema...

I cried when me and polly went and saw Billy Elliot and he sang a song reading from a letter his dead mother had left him (Polly says I was the only person in the theatre crying at that bit and laughed at me. I CAN'T HAVE BEEN!)

I cried when I watched the Notebook...

I had to sit with my scarf stuffed in my mouth to stop myself from sobbing out loud, when me and mumma went to watch Marley and Me and poor old Marley had to be put to sleep (though to be fair you could hear people sobbing from all around us...)

Myself and my cousin Devon got all teary watching a documentary round our grandparents the other week, there was a baby seal who's mum had abandoned it, it kept going up to other seals and trying to nuzzle them for milk and being batted away :(

And the worse was the other week, when home alone, late at night, for some mad reason I decided to watch 'The boy in the striped pyjamas' - It was horrific. I was just a sobbing heap on my sofa, so much so I was tempted to turn it off, but I only had 15 minutes left, so I watched it - was made even more upset by the fact they ended up dying, then was too traumatised to go to bed so stayed up watching my Family Guy DVD for most of the night, to calm myself down and think happy thoughts...

But then I don't just cry easily at emotional stuff..
I cry with laugher, So easily...
To the point where I only need to giggle a little bit and my eyes fill up...
And then people say "Oh my god, you're actually CRYING with laughter!"
And I have to wipe my eyes and say "Argh, I cry so easily when I laugh, even when it's not even that funny"
Although it is a bad thing, crying so easily - because it makes it look like I find simple things really funny.. (okay I do..)
It's also good...I love a good laugh, I find it just the most stress-relieving relaxing thing.
Ocasionally it backfires...

Like once at Superdrug, I was on tills with Simon and Curly...and I got the giggles.
I got the giggles real bad.
To the point where I was pretty much laughing in customers faces...
I had to keep apologising for my laugher..
My voice kept wobbling as I spoke and I had to keep doing small coughs and apologising and repeating myself..
Luckily, you get the customers who take it and laugh along with you...
But you always get the ones that are most disapproving...

Unfortunately for me, laughter always seems to strike at the wrong moment, and it's when you are aware that it is at the wrong moment, that it is made even harder to control.
Take the other night for instance, I went out with some people from my course, we started out at Lloyds and then went onto Thursdays, between the group of us we varied between sober to absolutely wasted...
4 of us were in the taxi home, 2 of us were left..Myself and Niland (who was on the slightly drunker end of the scale) - Unfortunately we had ended up with one of those taxi drivers that is lacking a  sense of humour, and was rather short tempered with us. He headed for my road and turned a sharp corner, at which point Niland shot off her pull down seat and ended up in a heap on the floor, without being able to stop herself.
As if I wasn't amused neough by that, the taxi driver instantly slammed his brakes on, turned around in his seat and furiously asked 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING DOWN THERE?!!!'
I completely lost it, unfortunately being the most sober of the two of us I had to apologise and say 'I'm so sorry...she fell out her seat as you went round the corner...'
Even though it was more 'Hahahahahaha I'm - so so-so-sorry, hahahahah she - she - hahahahaha she fell out her seat - hahahahahaha as you went round the corner hahahahahahahahahahaha'

He did not appear to have a sense of humour...
Nor to be the kind of person that liked people...
Least of all giggling people...
Which to be fair...
Just made it even funnier.
Muhahahahaha.

Loves
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment