Wednesday 7 November 2012

" Honey I'm home!" Camp Psychics....Strange Relationships and A & E.

(Warning it's a long'un!)
I'm baaaaaack!
I say that like I have been somewhere really exciting...
Unfortunately the only place I have been in the last month is the great land of the uninspired, for which I have become a bit of a blog neglecter...for that I apologise, I know, I'm a terrible person.
I don't even know why I've been feeling so uninspired recently...
"You haven't written a blog for a while..."
"I know..I've just got nothing exciting to say."
I've just gone a long for a few weeks in such a routine of sameyness, until I got bored of being bored and decided I needed to snap out of it...
So I bought some watercolour paints...
Took some 'Academic' books out the library..
Sorted my bedroom...
And changed the look of my blog...
I know it could look more exciting, unfortunately I am not blessed enough with the correct skills to do any more than change the font and the basic background. But I try!

So whats been occurin' since I last wrote?
Me and Mumma went to Bath together for 2 nights...
It was very lovely, We did lots of walking and shopping and eating and swam in a spa...
Obviously because it is us it couldn't stay normal for too long...
On our last night we were in a pub when I went up to get us some drinks...
"Awww you're pretty...Don't worry...I'm not a perve...I'm gay...Are you from round here?...Do you go to the Uni?...How old are you like 12?!" - This came from a very camp man standing at the bar next to me...who I took an instant liking too and wanted to be my new GBF.
Anyway quick chat....sat back down...got back up...went to the loo...came back and saw he was sitting at our table chatting to my mum...
We got chatting (well he chatted...we listened) an he told us how he was a bit tipsy but that he had the ability to be a psychic...
Me and mum have always believed in spiritually stuff (note spiritual not neccesarily religious) so couldn't help to be drawn into what he was saying...

"Now I can tell with you, you're a little bit different".  - There's that word again...different. Usually I get reassurance in these cases " You are different...its not a bad thing..." or "You're a good kind of different...just a bit.....scatty." - there was none of that...however lets just assume he meant it in a good way...(Though I don't know how he got this idea, if I show myself as being 'different' just when I'm sitting in the pub having a Vodka and Orange then I dread to think what I am on a slightly loopier day!)
"Mmm...yes...okay...I am..."
"You haven't got someone special in your life at the moment have you?"
"No not just now..."
"I think you'll meet someone in about five years...someone special?"
"Bloody hell! She's got to wait til she's 24?!" (mum...)
"Yes..but that's fine, you're still a baby, you've got plenty of time.."
"......oh"
"I think in the mean time you will date someone, but he will turn out to be gay..."

.....

Wow.

When I was re-telling this story to my manager at the Little drug that is Super the other day her response was "Hahaha you'll probably turn him gay....." - bahaha wow. Could easily be percieved that way yes. (If you want to be meeeean) - But I saw it more as he'd already be Gay...whether I'll be aware of this fact and still like him anyway (which would be a bit awkward...) or he'll show signs of it pretty early on...I will realise...and will adopt him as my new Gay best friend instead - Or maybe I'm thinking too much into it and it's not going to happen because I heard it from a 36 year old drunk man in a pub who used to own an icecream van.
He also said he could tell me and my mum are slightly psychic towards eachother in a way which is almost freaky...which is actually very true, we often freak ourselves out with levels of sameyness...and that I am going to have two daughters and a masculine son.
Apparently when I meet my dream guy ...He will be tall, dark, have no chest hair...and a little bit of back hair...
Does this mean any guy I date between now and five years time when I am twenty four I'm going to have an underlying suspicion that they are Gay? I have a feeling that could cause several relationship issues....we shall see!

.....

A handy thing about the location of our house is that A and E is right at the end of our road...literally you turn out of our house, turn left out our gate and walk in a straight line, (give or take a few steps to the left or the right) you will end up in A and E - this is very handy.
I'm probably going to jinx it now, but despite my reputation for clumsiness, I have never broken/sprained any bones or anything, the worst I have done is run into my Nans kitchen work side when I was 3 - I had to go to A an E then because it was bleeding so much, I have memories of lying on a bed being held down screaming whilst they stuck my head back together with a pinky/purple glue that looked like a deodrant stick (though maybe that was just my 3 year old mind playing tricks on me, but thats how I rememeber it) and then walking around for a couple of weeks with Mr Bump style bandages around my forehead. That was Sixteen years ago and I haven't injured myself that badly since...I jumped off the back of my friends bike and badly scrapped my hips and elbow...and I fell down a hill at swanbourne lake and hurt my neck...but nothing seriously...
However yesterday I thought I was going to have to break the habit and take myself down to A and E...I thought my appendix was exploding. (- I know I am a bit of a drama queen, but this was not even me taking a tummy ache and being melodramatic....I actually ended up lying flat on my back on the sofa with my knees to my chest crying...to explain it: It felt like when you are really badly bloated, have a really back tummy ache, have a really bad period pain (though there is a 50% chance you are reading this and have never experienced that kind of pain before...WELL GOOD FOR YOU) and backache all together...it hurt to even breathe, I couldn't stand up straight to walk and got myself in a right little tizzy.

Soooo I made a frantic call to my mum to come over and managed to get a hot water bottle, by the time she and Pup arrived an hour later the pain had eased a bit, however I of course googled my symptoms (never a good move) and did fear something had happened to my appendix, it described everything I had felt and was in the right place as well (the right hand side), it calmed down in the end (thank goodness) and just kept popping back up throughout the night in a little niggle...its the same today...I did go to bed last night with the fear that I'd wake up in the night screaming in agony as my appendix burst out a load of bacteria and pus into my bloodstream or something...luckily it didn't and I slept through the night...
Which cannot be said for my housemate Olivia, who woke up at 4 in the morning in a panic because a piece of her waxy ear plug  that moulds to the shape of your inside ear had broken in half and crumbled inside her ear and on her ear-drum...So she became the first member of the Adelaide  Road girls, to grace St Richards hospital A and E with her presence...
Never a dull moment!

Loves
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment