Thursday 16 August 2012

A Golden Day xx

I was just thinking that it felt like ages since I had written a blog..
In fact I couldn't even remember what my last blog was about...
And then I checked..and realised it had only been six days since I last wrote a blog...
Which is really not that long at all..
Still, needs must - the need to write a blog was there - and so I must.
(As short and sweet as it may be...)

Last Saturday as well as being the weekend - woohoo - Saw my Nan and Grandad celebrating their Golden wedding anniversairy - Wowwwww. It also a saw a party being held in honour of the occasion; my family love a good party and having a bit of a dance and this was no different really
We all got dressed up in our smart dresses, though it was a bit chaotic, my poor grandparents lovely tidy house was taken over by 2 Daughters and 4 Grandaughters all trying to get ready at once arguing over mirror space, dressing space, hairstyles, whether outfits looked right or not (meanwhile the men of the family stayed safely and calmly out the way downstairs...which was probably a wise choice..they may have ended up with an eyeliner jab in the eye or been hit by a passing shoe or something..)

The party meant seeing lots of family members and old friends of the family, some who i've seen recently, others who I've not seen for years; being that some of them I hadn't seen for years, it meant as though I found a bit of repetition going on in the conversations throughout my evening...

"I'm at University in Chichester..."
"I'm doing Drama...."
"Yes I would ideally like a career in performing but who knows..."
"Yes I've moved out of home...."
"Yes it's lovely....."
"No I haven't got a boyfriend at the moment..."
"Oh no I am interested, I just haven't really found the right person yet..but i'm sure I will..."

So on so forth - I started to feel like I was getting boring, but then I remembered what they say about acting etc about how " You may have done something 100 times but you have to remember it's the first time the audience have seen it..." and so just got on with it...

So yes it was a very lovely romantic evening and so sweet to see my Nan and Grandad looking so happy and still in love with eachother, when it came to making speeches my mother gave a lovely speech about how we are so proud of them, how she grew up in a household with no arguing or tension, how they were perfect for eachother and how their love gives a shining example and everyone hope that true love can exist and it is possible, before ending it with....

"Or maybe it's just all a load of bollocks!"

Hmmm...

But the thought was there - and a lovely thought it was too :)

Loves
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment