Sunday 15 July 2012

Shots, Torrential Downpours, Mega hangovers.. hashtag YOLO.

To start things off can I just say I hate the expression YOLO that everyone is suddenly using...to those of you who don't know it means You Only Live Once...and is rapidly becoming one of those overly used expressions...

Just ate a huge chocolate cake for pudding - YOLO!
Just bought some new shoes, they were expensive - but YOLO!
Just dyed my hair green, bit mad I know but...YOLO!!

You get the general idea...
However...the other day...I did experience my first YOLO moment of life...I'm not proud to admit it, but it definitely called for some YOLO declarations...

Just got absoloutely wasted at Thursdays and then got off the bus in the most horrific rainstorm at 3 am which I then ran through without any shoes on laughing hyserically whilst running through puddles....YOLO!!!!

I supose I should go back to the very beginning...
Evening started civilised...meal with the famalam...famalam drop me home....famalam are shown around new hosue and given a cup of tea...famalam leave...Me and Maddi get bored, decide at 22.30 we want to go out for the night...go to vestry...meet some people...get the bus to Thursdays...and this is where we can begin properly...

I'm not normally a fan of T's...normally I go, end up with aching feet, moan about the expensive drinks, moan about the pervy guys, go home, have a kebab and go to bed...but this time it pains me to admit it I reaaaallly enjoyed myself, they seemed to be playing quite good music - there were only three of us there (in our group I mean, not in T's, though that would be quite cool..or maybe just weird I dont know...) Me, Maddi and her friend, a nice enough guy, but who's name I cannot remember (i'm a terrible person) so will refer to as Guy for the duration of this blog....so we arrived and decided to get a drink, they are normally quite expensive there, but do 4 J-Bombs for £9.95 which Guy got us in a round of, then we decided to dance some more, then we decided we wanted more alcohol, and Guy bought us in another round of shots...and this is pretty much the routine for the whole night, I did feel bad about the amount of shots that were being bought for us (there was a lot...) but everytime I tried to offer money it was declined with 'Dont worry I have a full time job...' (though I did manage to buy him a drink by the time the night was over which made me feel a bit less guilty...) - But anyway the shots were being knocked back pretty rapidly...Pink Sambucca, Jager Bombs, Sourz...and what with the drinks that were being drunk between shots whilst we danced we all got pretty intoxicated rather rapidly...

So suddenly the night was over and we were on the bus back home and I was starting to experience that happy but giddy 'god my head is spinning feeling'...It was that point that I decided to make a phone call, like you do..perfect timing, I decided to phone Phipps from work, for some reason I had it in my head that he was likely to be awake despite the stupid hour, 'because Lloyds doesnt close til eleven thirty' (the stupid justification my head was giving me...)
I don't really remember much of that conversation..but the facebook status written on his profile after that conversation:

*ring ring, ring ring*
 "Hello?"
"Hiiiiii!! Did I wake you up?"
"Yes Tasmin. It's half three in the morning"
"Oh ok, just checking"
 *Hangs up*
...Suggests that I wasn't quite in the position for a civilised conversation....

Anyway so we get off the Thursdays bus and it is absolutely hammering it down...like not just raining, torrential downpour,  I've never been in anything like it..Me and Maddie are in our high heels, I'm in a fairly short dress and denim jacket...it was absolutely mad, it reached a point where we were completely drenched through...hair..clothes...shoes...makeup, I took my high heels off and the three of us just RAN, I had clear tights on but we were just running straight through ankle deep puddles, I've never been caught in rain like it, but obviously because we were drunk it seemed to be THE MOST HILARIOUS THING EVER...(which is when I experience the drunken OMG THIS IS SUCH A YOLO SITUATION) moment inside my head...I dread to think what the neighbours would have thought looking out the window if they had seen us...2 girls, 1 in barefoot and one guy, racing down the road in the hammering rain, stumbling over, splashing through puddles, drenched through (whilst still being careful not to stand on any snails...) squealing and bent over double from laughing so hard..

Finally managed to get home, crashed into bed (still pretty wet but at least pyjama dressed) and crashed out...until my alarm went off for my 10.00 shift at the Drug that is Super three and a half hours later, urghhhh - I felt SO rough, it took me two attempts to leave the house, the first time I got halfway down the road I felt SO cold in my dress and cardigan that I had to go home and get changed into my other work uniform, I had the absolute shakes, I was convinced it was from getting caught in the rain, I could not stop shivering, but I have my suspicions now it was probably just a majorly bad hangover, which is why I turned up for my shift in a vest top, fairly thick jumper, TWO cardigans, my skirt and tights on still shivering and feeling VERY sorry for myself having not had any breakfast due to extreme queasiness.....
So, not the best way to feel for a very busy saturday shift..but like they say...
YOLO!

Loves
xx



2 comments:

  1. Ahh that explains the 3.05 text ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh i'm sorry Anon whoever you areeeeeeeeeee!! <3

    ReplyDelete