Saturday 17 March 2012

Moving out, Sleep-Shouting, My Best friend and Birthdays....

So it's starting to hit me that I'm going to be moving out of home in just a few months...
I am Super Duper excited by this concept, like...extremely so, albeit (I learnt the meaning of that word whilst performing in 'Daisy Pulls it Off' and have since used it whenever I can to sound intelligent) extremely nervous.

I'm looking forward to being a five minute walk away from Uni, a ten minute walk away from one job and fifteen from another, to being able to go out without worrying about giving an ETA as to when I will be home, not having to worry about being back for dinner, not to have to get in after a drunk night out as quietly as possible and have to answer friendly questions in the morning about my night when I am still feeling in the curl-up-and-die stage, to be able to sneak down in the night for a crisp sandwhich if the mood takes me without worrying about waking anyone up...or pup barking and giving me away, to not having to sprint for the train every morning or having a 7am wake up for a 9am start....

However some things are still worrying me...like - when I go to sleepovers etc I sometimes tend to shout/panic in my sleep...Like when 5 of us slept in a 2 man tent in hoovers back garden and I woke up panicking and shrieking and she had to rub my back and soothe me like a two year old til I snapped out of it, Or when we went to Hungary and I had to share a double bed with polly and she woke up to me struggling down the end of the bed declaring I was 'lost' and had to guide me back to my pillow, or when I slept round charlottes house and she woke up to me scrabbling against the wall, or when about 15 of us slept in sophies lounge and I panicked everyone by half dozing off and then suddenly screaming because the door was going 'to fall on me'....you get the general idea...I hope that being in a new strange place at first, wont cause this to happen too much, even now occasionally the mumma has to check I am okay due to random shoutings or panics...hopefully I will either grow out of it...or the housemates will accept the fact they live with a sleep-nutter and deal with it ;)

It's just other little things that I am slightly anxious about...like...what if I am home alone and there is a moth in my room, or a spider in the bath, or somethings making a strange noise?
I'll miss not being able to climb onto the mummas bed and have chats with her in the evening, or grab pup and give her a squeezy hug...
I'm not too worried about things like cooking...I can cope with that (apart from using a tin-opener...never could get the hang of them...), or cleaning ( I know i'm a slob but I do tidy up!)
Anyway unless I become rich, I will be back home in 2 years anyway...mwahahahahahaaaa....

I am really suffering from Best-Friend withdrawal symptoms at the moment, I haven't seen the bestest for 4 weeks and I'm not too sure how this has happened...we're both just constantly busy, i'm always at Uni or working and she has a full time job, so it's manic. Luckily we have that kind of friendship where it doesn't matter at all, we 'bbm' and facebook every single day which is a huge relief...It's weird...I read a quote the other day about friendship..saying it's not the people who you have known the longest, but the people who you know will never leave you...or something like that...and this is so true with me and the bestest. We've only known eachother for 5 years...and for the first year we didn't chat all that much, we were just at the same theatre company together...but then during one show...an event occured that caused us both to reach the point of literally sobbing with laughter ONSTAGE... and we haven't looked back since. I think the key point to a good friendship is the ability to just 'get' eachother, we have the ability to tune in on how the other is feeling just from a few words in a message....whether we are out getting absolutely wasted, or eating marmite on toast in our pyjamas watching disney films in silent, we just click. We have had so many amazing times over the years, (the quote 'the best memories come from the worst ideas' definetely applies)...and we talk about our future with marriage/kids/jobs/holidays etc that might not occur for another 5/10/15/20 years, just assuming we will still be in eachothers lifes. A friendship like that is TRULY special...and I am going to STOP now because I am probably getting boring with my slushy gushyness and you probably lost interest about 10 lines back (I can see you dozing at the back there.....)

It's my birthday on Wednesday...to be fair..I'm not really that fussed...at first I thought 19 seemed old...but now, it's really not...I'm just enjoying whatever age I am and whatever it is it nrings...However it does mean I am having to be boring this weekend as I am hitting brighton next saturday night..it will be worth it..it's just not feeling too fun right now!!!

Loves
xx

P.S - Hopefully I will have some good news this week...watch this space...

2 comments:

  1. Please write a book.I will also be in Brighton next w.end and will wave if i see you. Yours is a natural talent . Jeff

    PS you mumma loves ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha when I think of something decent to write a book about I shall begin!
    xx

    ReplyDelete