Sunday 12 February 2012

Updaaaaaaate

Defenitely not been as dedicated to my blogs recently, I was told when I started writing blogs 'Give it 3 months and you will be bored of it...' - I guess it like when you start trying to write a diary, whenever I have tried in the past I have always got a week or two in and then got so bored of it I've given up, which I'm determined not to do with it. Some peoples who blog I follow have been writing it for a good few years, I may do that, I may not...depends what else attracts my attention in the mean time. Everythings been a bit hectic recently and crazily busy, however I now have a week off uni for 'reading', So will be lovely to chill and just get everything sorted that I need to do without majorly rushing.

Had a night out last night, After being 40 minutes late the Bestest arrived, who was followed by Fi an hour or so later, I don't know if it was because of my previous night out drinking fiasco (see a couple of blogs back...) , but I was just finding it really hard to stomach what I was drinking, I wasn't being sick at all, it just seemed every mouthful made me want to heave slightly and it all felt a bit of a struggle. However I still managed to do a fair amount of drinking and dancing...followed by a trip to Dominos for Potato Wedges (never tasted so good)...after failing to convince Mcdonalds Drive-Thru to serve us (issue being we didnt have a car)...We tried speaking into the speaker, we tried the three of us standing in a line under the entrance in case there was a sensor that picked up on heaviness and let them know when a car was coming (?!?!!!) and we tried asking nicely, but it still didn't work. Still Dominoes was waaaaaaay nicer ;]

Me and the Bestest were shocked to hear about Whitney Houston dying when we got home, Bestest read it on twitter but considering according to twitter last week Eddie Murphy had died (Donkey....Nooooo!) we didn't believe it too much, however within the next ten minutes Twitter and Facebook were covered in messages and statuses and a couple of jokes of a very bad taste which I don't like very much at all, so it became obvious it was true. I'm not one of those people who as soon as a celebrity dies, begin claiming to have loved them and them being my favourite and crying and so on so forth though (although I did feel slightly choked up when they played 'I will always love you' on the music channel earlier). But I do like a lot of her songs, she's got an amazing voice and it's all pretty powerful stuff, lyrically as well as vocally (I really like the lyrics to One Moment in time) - So I have enjoyed listening to her music today...Guess it's similar with Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse, just have to hope that they are remembered for their music and not neccesarily just all the issues and downfalls surrounding their deaths. However I also appreciate that so many people die every day under so many different tragic circumstances who don't get all the press coverage etc, I guess that's just what happens when you're someone who's music and inspired millions of people for years and years.

Anyway other quick bits of newsss:
  • Camp America - Wooo it's all getting official now, paid my £100 dedication fee, gotta fill in some scary sounding paperwork, re-apply for a passport and get placed and then I'm sorted!
  • House hunting - Viewed a couple of places, no luck yet, got some more potential viewings so fingers crossed we find somewhere nice and fairly cheap!
  • Driving - Still practising, still having ups and downs, considering postponing test as so much going on, but we shall see..
  • Girl in the Corner - Had another rehearsal today, but still think it is going to be very fun to do, I met the corner today in which I will be standing in for most of the play waiting to come on, it's a very very dark corner, it's a very small corner behind the curtains, and it's ever so slightly scary..still what else is there apart from standing in a dark, small space that you feel slightly spooked in to get you in the zone of a mental, distressed, evil dead girl ghost??

I believe that's all :)

Loves
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment