Monday 12 December 2011

Drama aint no doss!

Zzzzzz....eeeep feeling so fuzzy headed today, I think my body is still recovering from Saturday nights drink-a-thon and 4.30 am finish (but more of that later..), followed by 6 hours of rehearsals, uni rehearsals, seven hours sleep, uni assessment and essay writing...But now I find myself, at home, in my room, on my bed, heating on, nice and shnig waiting for dinner, exactly where I want to be :']


Had a fair amount going on this last week, mainly writing this stupid fecking essay for University, Whoever says that all Drama students do is doss needs a kick. A hard one, it aint no doss! It requires so many skills, Confidence, Imagination Team work and so many hours of dedication!..The whole reason I took Drama is because I don't consider myself to be an academic person, don't get me wrong...I knew that essays would  be involved of course I did and compared to other peoples courses we've been so lucky with the written side of the course, but it's still just so mehhh. When I'm in the mood to chat and discuss I can talk and talk and talk...thats's why I've got a blog, buuut ask me to critically analyse and research etc etc my brain just goes 'Huh?' - but i'm getting there slowly but surely, I just hope I'm writing the right thing, I do have the habit of drifting off track slightly...I know it doesn't really account for much, but I still want to do well!!


Went up to London on Saturday to see Dreamboats and Petticoats with the best friend and her mum and sister, I've become a musical theatre nerd in the last few years and really enjoy it, so I was very excited! Overall it's not a bad show, The vocals and stuff were good but not the kind to blow you away, all the songs were old sixties songs, so I did't know all of them - however two thirds of the theatre were over 50 and sang and danced along to songs that they had grown up too which were so sweet to watch. It is strange though, I couldn't imagine a show in 50 years featuring songs from the Noughties..Rhianna, Jessie J, Lady Ga Ga, Nicki Minaj...I dread to think what kind of show that would be!!
Saturday night came so it was time for a classy night out in Littlehampton with the best friends and her friends, we stopped enroute at the kebab shop for some food - we wanted to get a kids meal to share with eachother, but apparently they were for under 10's only, I know I look young but I don't think I could pull off being that age. Off to the George where we went on to get drunk very quickly (probably for the best when you're out in Littlehampton!) and then went on to Coco Lounge, one of those places that is soo bad that it is good! Where we went on to drink even more..including smuggled in Vodka and Orange (three of us crammed into a toilet cubicle knocking it back...classy!) and £1 shots - So overall a very drunken but brilliant fun night!


Its nearly Christmas - eeeeeep, My bank account is dismal at the moment - I get a pay day friday and then a slightly bigger one the following friday, I have a feeling that last minute shopping on the 23rd will be required. Applied for several jobs in the last week, Butlins, Vue Cinema (where I use to work), Next...so many places. I had a missed call from Santas grotto the other day, so I rang them back, I am on the Elf reserve list, they must have had an elf fall ill (or maybe they couldn't cope with the screaming children...) but anyway, I was very excited at this concept and rang back...but by that point they'd already given the job to someone else as well..dammit. Though I hear its a dangerous place to work...bad 'elf and safety...*ba boom chhh!*


Very excited about next saturday, performing in a christmas concert with TA productions, We had our last rehearsal yesterday before the  tech, it's all very christmassy and fun, Singing a duet with the lovely Becca Anderson [Faith Hill - There you'll be...] - Just hoping I dont let the nerves get the better of me, in the last show I sang my first big solo and that was an amazing buzz, so I'm feeling positive :) Though the family couldnt make that show so this will be the first time they hear me sing properly.. Its an emotional song and the lyrics mean a lot to me, So i'm hoping I dont start blubbing on stage - singing with a snotty nose and blotchy face, not a good look!!

loves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment