Monday 3 December 2012

University and Money and Getting drunk at Tiger and mean ratty pig customers.

I'm in the Uni Library.
It is not my usual place to relax on a Monday evening which can only mean one thing.
I'm procrastinating.
Does it count as procrastinating when I haven't even opened word yet?
Or does it just become...Not doing work. Rather than Avoiding doing work.
Or maybe it's the same thing.
You see...
Procrastinating.

Uni is fackin' mental at the moment, it's just so busy and hard and manic...and kinda fun.
Some bits are fun and exciting.
Other bits make me want to jump out my bedroom window (Saying that if I was to do that I would fall about three feet onto the roof of our extension/turned-into-a-laundrette-by-us - I'm lucky my bedroom window is an emergency exit. Though knowing my luck I'd pop to the loo...come back and the stairs and the upstairs of the house would be on fire...including my bedroom. Then I'd be stuck -ahhhh!)...
Back to Uni modules...I worked out earlier during a particularly stressful rehearsal that I was paying £500 for this module. £500. My friend told me that they worked out that it's about £30 an hour. £30. I'm working 3 hours at Lloyds this week. £18. That would mean that my weeks wages for Lloyds, would pay for just over 15 minutes of Uni. I do not like this. At all.
I've suddenly become really funny about money and the price of things. It's kind of embarrasing. I'm like a middle aged dad. I've started declaring the price of things when it's announced to me.
Like when Katie was serving me a sarnie at work the other day...
"How has my shopping come to that much?! How much was the Sandwich??"
"£2.99"
"£2.99?! FOR A SANDWICH?!?!"
"SHHHHH!"

Or when I bought my train ticket the other day...
"Can I get a Portsmouth Harbour to Chi return please..."
"Okay, That's £7.90 please..."
"£7.90?!?!"

I really must get out that habit.

Speaking of Portsmouth Harbour...I went there for a night out the other night with Katie, Charlotte Burchy Wurchy and Charlottes friend Meg.
I don't know what's happened to me recently. I've either been drinking more than I used to.  Or...Well I think that's it. I again got very drunk. I tried to blame it on my dress, the last two times I have worn it I have got stupidly drunk "I reckon it's that dress...it must be cursed...".
So we pre-drank in my bedroom, got a taxi to the station (with our Vodka and Lemonade in Plastic bottles so we oculd finish it off enroute...CHAVS.) and hopped on the train. We were already quite merry by this point so just chatted, re-did our make-up, drank, laughed and were merry. We got to Gunwharf and went to Slug where we had a cocktail before going onto Tiger. In Tiger we had several more drinks...and I was in my element because we were in the cheesey music area dancing to Westlife, Britney Spears, Girls aloud..and I am sad and cheesey when it comes to things like that. We decided to go through to the clubby room (got to show some element of cool after all...) - I felt too drunk by this point (it suddenly hit me) and decided I wasn't going to drink anymore...I felt something on the bottom of my shoe...flicked it off...looked at my finger and saw a mahoosive gash on it where I had flicked off...a piece of glass. Showed Katie my finger...showed the bouncer man my finger who pulled a sad face and offered me no help. So katie being the loving friend she is put an empty plastic glass over my bleeding finger and pushed me towards the toilet, ran it under the tap and then wrapped some toilet roll around it. Managed to get blood on my dress. Was gutted. Went back into the bar area with finger wrapped up..suddenly felt REALLY rough...
Bearing in mind I have never been properly sick from drinking before...
Went up to the bar desperate for water, they took too long to serve me.
Katie I feel really rough...
You'll be okay just breathe...
No I feel horrific I need to go outside...
Went outside....
Sat down with Katie...
Charlotte and Meg came out to see if I was okay.
*Vom.*
Yes. I vommed. Outside tiger. Whilst sitting down. In lovely Gunwharf Quays...
(TOO MUCH INFORMATION ALERT: Luckily..It looked just like Vodka and Lemonade...It wasn't all chunky and smelly so I was okay...)
And then I felt...fine.
"Katie I feel fine lets go inside..."
But Katie being the good friend she is suggested that wasn't a good idea.
Then we had to work out how to get home...
Our taxi was booked for 02.30 to take us to charlottes. But I needed to get home...
I rang my mumma, and was gonna get a taxi back there, but me and katie had work in the morning and I had no clean clothes with me (obviously).
Sooo I rang my nice friend Finch AKA Gramps, who after a phone call I can't remember too much off, Text me to say that he'd be there in 20 minutes to take us home. What a hero. (We even managed to get a Drive-Thru on the way home as well!) - I very much liked Tiger...so I've decided I'm going to go there again tres soon. Only this time. I'm not going to pre-drink...and I'm just going to drink WKDs all night...I've well and truly learnt my lesson with drinking now and shall not be getting myself into such states again. Cheesey dancing is enough for me...
(Please note: although this claim is true at this present moment in time, I cannot promise it will last forever.)

_____

Occasionaly I have to have a rant about rude customers.
I am afraid this blog is one of those...
For the purpose of ease, said customer will be named as DH (you'll work it out.....) in the transcript I am about to share..
This happened when I was at the Littlehampton store on Sunday.
*Ahem* Right...
(Also...VI stands for what he was looking for...[VI is a type of Vitamin] - OKAY I WILL TELL MY STORY NOW...)

DH: Excuse me do you sell VI?
J (who I was working with): Do we sell VI Tas?
T: Do we sell what sorry?!
DH: VI?
T: What's that?
DH: VI?? I can't believe you don't know what VI is...
T: Well..whats it for?
DH: I can't believe you don't know...it's a vitamin...
*Takes to Vitamins*
T: I haven't heard of it before...
.....
DH: Do they not train you?!
T: Well yes they do, but -
DH: Are you working here on release or something? (Do I look like the kinda person who's working here after being released from youth prison MATE?!)
T: No...I'm not...
DH: So you're just badly trained then...
T: *sigh* (breeeathe.....) No. I am trained. But we don't learn the name of every product in the shop!...what's it for?
DH: It's just a standard vitamin, I can't believe you don't know what it is (I THINK WE'VE ESTABLISHED THAT BUDDY!) to keep you going, keep the heart ticking. Give you a bit of va-va-voom. Do you know what that means?!

(Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

T: Yes. I know what that means. I'm really sorry I don't think we do it...
DH: I've got it in here before everywhere does it.
T: Well......
*Awkward silence*
DH: Okay fine...forget it...

Fumin' I was. Abso-flippin'-lutely FUMIN'.
So much so I had to take my lunch break and sit simmering for a while.
What a rat.
Hmmmph.

The christmas holidays soon - Hoorar!
4 weeks of Uni - Hoorar!
2 Assesments and an essay to get through first - Booooo!

Loves
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment