Tuesday 11 December 2012

Clowning and when pranks go wrong.

I'm in the Uni Library.
Getting a sense of Deja vu here?
Probably.
Because that's exactly how I started my last blog.
And it's exactly how I am starting this one. Obviously.
However this time I am doing better than last time.
I've actually typed some words...
398 of them to be precise...
I know it doesn't sound much, Buuuuut it's progress.
Plus I have a tutorial tomorrow and wouldn't want to write too much and then have to change it all.
Making excuses, moi?!

So unlike my last couple of blogs I have no drunken shennanigans or silly nights out to write about. My life has been over run with Uni.
We had our clowning assessments on Monday.
I have never been so glad to have a module over with.
To say it brought out my sometimes snappy, unreasonable, hot-headed side is an understatement.
For a module called 'Clowning' it got me pretty stressed. If I want to be a clown I can stick to every day life! We set our piece in a gym class, stupidly I chose my clown to be the Colourful, Silly, OTT (Okay it sounds like me so far...) SPORTY one.
SPORTY.
SPORT.
SPORTS.
EXERCISE.
Words I do not cope well with. So whilst I was happy to dance around in a leotard, orange leg warmers and bright pink tights with my hair in a back-combed side pony-tail. Having to do every exercise as big as I possibly could without being allowed to stop KILLED ME. Sit ups, Lunges, Jogging, Knees Up, Planks...I had to do all these things near perfectly AND look as though I was enjoying it. I looked like a tomato afterwards and can barely walk today, My legs and sides and back are dead.
THEN today, we had rehearsals for our production piece, when we do it we are flooding the show room and performing in several inches of water, sitting in it..walking in it...and for the majority of time LYING in it. We are gonna freeze. Sooo we had the sensible idea today of running our clothes under water until they were soaked through and then wearing them for our run through. I don't think there is anything worse in the world then pulling on soaking wet tops and leggings. It was horrificly cold. We will just have to hope on Friday that the adrenaline kicks in and keeps us warm. Otherwise we are gonna FREEEEEEEZE. Brrrrrr.

______

Obviously it has been big news this week about the nurse who killed herself after forwarding on a prank call from an Australian Radio show in which details of Kate Middletons condition were shared. (if you don't know what I'm talking about the rest of this blog will mean nothing to you so go read a newspaper and then come back!)
I think this really is a sad case, The whole prank itself was a step to far, the DJs said they didn't know that they would be put through and taken so seriously. But they should have cut off the call when they realised that it had gone further than they had planned it to. The nurse must have felt so ashamed and humiliated by the whole thing, if she felt that commiting suicide was the only way out of it..and the fact she has left behind two teenage children is desperately sad. It is horrible that she was put in a position where she felt that was her only option and I can completely get why there is so much anger surrounding the case.
However I do feel sorry for the DJs, they have had a lot of stick for the situation, which is understandable, they should not have done it. End of story. It was disrespectful, selfish and inconsiderate. Though I think when they carried it out they obviously had NO idea or any wanting, for the situation to end up how it did. That's the thing with pranks, they can so easily go wrong...
Take the other day...We have a huge purple exercise ball taking up our lounge, Housey Hannah arrived home the other day and I thought it would be hilarious to hide and then throw it at her as she walked through the lounge door...so I stood in wait whilst Housey Olivia let her in...she walked through the door and I launched it at her...I didn't realise that she was holding her laptop..as the ball hit her she managed to keep hold of her laptop, as the ball bounced off her, bounced onto my plate of dinner * that was on the floor and sent it flying all over the carpet.
It's a completely different case I know, we all ended up laughing and it is nowhere near in comparison. However it does show how quickly things can go wrong, obviously when I decided to throw it at her I had no idea that the outcome would be what it was, if i'd have known afterwards I would end up picking rice out my carpet for the next five minutes I wouldn't have done it. But I didn't know, So I had to deal with the outcome. Which exactly what these DJs are having to do now. Watching their interviews it is clear to see that they are heart-broken by the whole case, but now all they can do is apologise over and over for their actions and accept what has happened as a result of these.
On one hand, I guess the story shows that you should really think about how your actions are going to affect other people before you carry them out, but on the other hand it shows that things can quickly go so wrong, so beyond your control or what you ever imagined happening. So how do you get that balance right??

* I say dinner.....after having a kebab at tea-time I was mega craving some fruit or veg but had none to hand..however I did have some uncle bens express chinese rice...and some day out of date pre-packed salad which I pretty much mashed together in a bowl. It was absolutely vile and I managed about three mouthfuls. SO it's probably a good job it ended up over my carpet. apart from the fact it stank.

Loves
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment