Monday 17 September 2012

Four in the house and a spider on my thigh.

So, this is the third time in the last couple of days that I have attempted to write a post, The last two times I have got so bored of what I have had to say I have given up and scrapped it...I know that if I get bored writing a post, then it probably isn't going to be the most exciting thing in the world to read....And I'd hate to make you all suffer ;] (though you may well do anyway, but hey you don't have to click the link....)

So we now have a full house at Adelaide, Hoorar! Yes at first Me and Maddie were slightly nervous, having lived on our own for 12 weeks what would it be like suddenly having two new people living here? Well I can say, It has been rather fantastic! Yes - It has taken some getting use to, for example the Bathroom had to be well and truly cleared to make space (Okay 95% of the stuff taking up the Bathroom belonged to me...), Cupboards in the kitchen had to be re-arranged slightly to make room...and a Futon chair had to be bought in the lounge to create more sitting space. But we are getting there. It does take time to adapt, suddenly you have twice as many people using the bathroom, using the kitchen...you have twice as many dirty dishes to clean, twice as much rubbish filling the bins...but it also means you have twice as much fun.

For example last night was our first night in all together since we'd all been living there...and it was lovely, we had the Duvets downstairs so it was nice and cosy, we ate, drank, watched the x-factor, played on Singstar and Just Dance and laughed a huge amount - It was a lovely bonding time for us all...
There are a huge range of different personality traits in this house between the four of us - Loud, Quiet, Melodramatic, Scatty, Tidy, Eccentric, Organised, Practical, Sensible, Silly, Relaxed...So between us we pretty much have it covered!

One thing you do have to get use to though is remembering that there are other people in the house, for example I now have to think about and assess whether it is safe to go downstairs in the morning for some toast, bra-less in one of my dads old baggy t-shirts, with my fringe all over the place, no make-up on and morning breath or whether I will bump into a passing house-mate/house-mates-boif....or whether it is safe once i'm out the shower to do the quick danger-dash from the bathroom to my bedroom...or resisting the urge to sing as I go up/down the stairs at 7 in the morning/ 11 at night for fear of waking people up...
However the other day I did find myself in a situation in which thoughts of others did not cross my mind...
So I was on the loo (sorry for the image there, but had to set the scene...) the other morning just before taking a shower, When I happened to look down mid-pee (sorry again for the image but it's kinda relevant...) and spotted a spider casually strolling across my thigh...it wasn't one of those little teeny spiders, it was a fairly big brown one...normally the kind you spot in the corner of your bedroom ceiling and hope wont come any closer....with fairly thick legs...
To say I completely freaked out is an understatment...however being in a situation where I could not jump up and leg it as I so wanted to, All I could do was close my eyes and squeal and drum my feet and wait for the looooongest pee in the world to finish, before leaping up and legging it across the landing stripping off absolutely all my clothes as I went along and locking myself in the bathroom...Looking back I don't know why the need to take off my clothes was there, I just could not bear the thought of it being on any part of me at all....Luckily for me no one was home apart from Hannah, whose bedroom is downstairs...
"Are you okay???"
*Drumming feet, slapping at skin, and in a mildly EXTREMELY  hysterical tone of voice* " hgfjfhgkdfhgjnyuhhhhhhhh oh my goddddddd therewasjustaspideronmythigh and i dontknowif itsstill on me and dhbgfhdjkhgbhb nyuhhhhhhh hoow did it get on me wheresitgoneicanthave it onmeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!"

Bahaha. Luckily we all seem to take the madness, hysteria an randomness as it comes, so we should all be just fine! ;]
Loves
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment