Tuesday 3 April 2012

Preparing to move...Mission accepted..

If this was a movie right now...It would start with a view of the earth....it would then slowly zoom into the UK (maybe some birds would fly past...or a butterfly...), Then onto South England...and then into Hampshire..and then into Bedhampton...and then Park lane..and then my house...and then zoom in through my bedroom window to show me sitting on the edge of my bed tapping away, whilst some gentle harmonic opening-credit type music plays in the background....and then it would suddenly making that horrible 'Brake'-like sound and the music would come to a grinding hault, as the previous harmony is destroyed by the state of my room...

Its hit me that in nine weeks I am moving out of home....
It has also hit me that I need to start sorting out my bedroom...
Which in turn has hit me what a challenge I have....

My bedroom at the new house is relatively smaller than my room here at home...however due to the fact it was the cheapest room, the house was absolutely amazing and it will be so fantastic to live there...means I am not at all fussed by this. However it does face at present some difficulties, such as working out what to take and what to leave...and the fact that 60% of my room could probably be binned or given to charity...

Issues I am currently facing...

My Wardrobe: The hanging rail in it is jam packed, half the clothes I never wear, but when it comes to binning them I suddenly think of all the possible things I COULD wear those clothes with...so...they stay. The bottom of it is stuffed with shoes and old bags...again the whole argument that I could 'possibly' use them again makes it impossible to clear...The top is stuffed with old books from my childhood that I cannot bear to bin, old bedding and random bits of old costumes....Then we reach the top of the wardrobe...In which lies and huge betty boop glow in the dark clock, 6 boxes from the different ghost perfumes I obviously thought would be cool to collect, an old shoe box and an old toy telephone..oh and some christmas cards...Then NEXT to the wardrobe there is an old pink suitcase filled with old books...mainly Enid Blyton and books my mum passed on to me...that again cannot bear to be rid of....

My Bed: A supposed place of rest and relaxation..Or not...On one bed posts hangs a selection of bags and jackets...On the other the same again...only add a coat to that...On the other An asda bag with a pair of shoes on it and a flower hawaiin style thingy that you wear round your neck and I cant remember the name of....then we get to under the bed...More bags...Some hair straighteners, A lost teddy (sorry Huggles), Some hair curlers and a few half empty carrier bags....

My walls: This will be perhaps the hardest to deal with...On one wall...I have a huge collage of pictures...ranging from everything...From pictures of me and my parents when I was a baby, To me and my cousins being bridesmaids, Me and my stepbrothers on holiday...then there is a sudden change and the pictures merge into pictures of us in short dresses, high heels...Pictures of the Bench lot at 'Its a Sin', Me and the bestest on holiday....Not only am I fearful of taking these down and putting them back up again...but also the damage that I will have done to the walls with the blu-tac (hopefully it will be minimal!)...Then there is my 'Performing Arts' Wall..with collages from 'Daisy Pulls it Off', Singing certificates, Pictures from the Panto and old show flyers...not to mention my huge Olly Murs poster, mwahaha ;)

The thought of having to get all this sorted out, packed up, moved...and then unpacked again in a certain order, is rather terrifying.....

Mission Accepted

1 comment: